Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Jelly Roll Race!


What better way to start the New Year than to do a FUN project?!

This Saturday, January 7th, I'll be hosting a Jelly Roll Race.  A few months ago I participated in one of these races and it was a blast, so I thought I'd share the FUN with all my quilting friends.  :o)  Since the race is only a few days away I need to get ready.  Problem is I don't have a Jelly Roll so I went through my stash and came up with some fabrics to make my own.  As you can see the fabrics are not from a line like a real Jelly Roll (my stash isn't that extensive!) so my Jelly Roll will be... scrappy.


Strips are cut (that took longer than I thought it would). Somehow scrappy doesn't look as pretty as a neatly rolled Jelly Roll the quilt shops carry.  Hopefully the quilt turns out prettier than this mess.  I'll post a picture for you when this all becomes a PRETTY quilt.

Oh... If you want to become a participant in the Jelly Roll race you can register by coming by the shop or giving them a call.  The gals over there are really friendly and they'll get you all set up.  It will only cost you 3 hours of time and 15 bucks (plus a Jelly Roll).  And the best part is the winner gets a PRIZE!

Here's the race location and phone number:
35th Ave Sew & Vac
4939 W Ray Rd
Chandler, Az
480-961-7363

No comments:

Post a Comment