Monday, January 23, 2012

Tucson Quilt Show


Best of Show
Queen Mother Beast in her Garden
By: Karolyn Jensen

This past weekend the hubby and I traveled a few miles south of home to attend the annual Tucson Quilt Show.  This is a show that I have attended and enjoyed for several years.  The ladies (and gents) of that Guild have a tremendous amount of talent and put on an awesome show that is attended by thousands. 
A quilt show always leaves one inspired to make a quilt.  So today was spent in my sewing studio determined to make (or complete) something.  You've heard that saying, "the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray", that pretty much sums up my day.  Nothing got completed, except a couple loads of laundry.  I floundered around with a project on the design wall and finally came to the conclusion that I'm just as STUCK with it this week as I was last week.  Then there's the FOUR projects on the sewing table, all folded and stacked into neat piles, just waiting for me to START them.  But... the brain just wasn't connecting with the inspiration.
Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment