Sunday, December 4, 2011

Bedrunners Are a Decorating Must Have


Here's my latest finished project.  It is a bedrunner (like you can't tell that from the picture).  I used an Island Batik jelly roll of their Wisteria collection.  The pattern is Braided Batik Bed Runner by cheri good quilt design.  The finished size is 28 x 90 (the picture shows it on a king size bed). The pattern also has a bonus accent pillow cover that is made from the left over scraps. 



When I first started seeing this latest craze in the quilting world I was pretty skeptical.  But as the Christmas season started to creep up on me I admitted to myself that this was going to be ANOTHER Christmas that I was NOT going to have a Christmas quilt on my bed.  So I warmed up to the idea of a bedrunner.  I mean... to get ready for the Holidays I don't even have to change my current bed quilt!  All I have to do is throw on a bedrunner.  Now, I do realize this one is NOT going to work for my Christmas decorating but I do have one in progress using Christmas fabrics (another jelly roll).  Of course, considering today's date and the fact that I haven't really started my gift buying, having a Christmas one in progress does not necessarily mean my bed will be decorated for Christmas THIS year.

I'll be teaching this as a class (for a mere $25) at 35th Ave Sew and Vac in Chandler on January 23, 2012. It's a great way to use a jelly roll that is just sitting on the shelf in your stash closet waiting for you to make it into something beautiful.  If you are interested in spending the day with me making this bedrunner call the store (480-961-7363) to reserve a seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment