Sunday, May 19, 2013

Hand Embroidery Workshop



Yesterday I attended a meeting of the Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild.  They are a relatively new guild having formed in 2010.  But it seems this year it is growing in leaps and bounds, there were 5 new people at this months meeting.  This was the second meeting for me.  The meeting was held at Scrapbooks ETC in Mesa and there were enough attendees to fill their large classroom.  The meeting mostly consisted of a hand embroidery workshop.  Our instructor, Danny Heyen, shared lots of embroidery stitches with us.  The picture above is a sample of the Lazy Daisy stitch with a couple of French Knots in the center of the flower.  Back in the day... like 40 years ago, I did a lot of hand embroidery but haven't done much since.  It was a nice refresher course and I'm inspired to find ways to embellish some of my work with floss and needle.

No comments:

Post a Comment