Monday, October 17, 2011

Bleach Workshop


So this weekend I attended a bleach workshop with a couple of friends, Doreen and PJ.  :o)  The workshop was offered by the Telaraña Fiber Guild with a gal named Merry Warner sharing her fabric bleaching knowledge with us.  Merry brought lots of samples (all T-shirts) for us to check out.  We were instructed to bring T-Shirts to bleach, but with the three of us all being quilters we also brought FABRIC.  All the pieces we worked on, both T-shirts and fabric turned out awesome!  We used several different techniques to create patterns.  Paper stencils, tape, leaves and even tree branches.  In the above picture PJ's little piece of blue calico was given new life with bleach and a stencil.  Doreen used tape and leaves on her T-shirt, but the shirt was still wet in the picture and the real design does not show itself until the material is dry.  And that's me with the batik piece, I used tree branches and leaves.  Now what to do with it.  Hmmmm... I'm thinking maybe a square table topper for my dining room table.  I'll post a picture for you, IF I really ever get it done.

Here's a picture of some things others created.


No comments:

Post a Comment